Friday, June 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday... BENEFIT COSMETICS


I learned this week that Benefit started in 1976 and that the product Benetint was created for exotic dancers!  I thought I would review some of my favorite Benefit products.


My absolute favorite thing in the Benefit line has to be their Porefessional.  This balm minimizes the appearance of pores and I love how smooth it goes on.  It is $31 a tube so it is a bit pricey - I usually look for it in the $8 and $10 tubes or in a set of Benefit products to save money.

(photo credit: benefitcosmetics.com)

Another Benefit product that I buy all the time is their That Gal face primer.  This primer is fantastic!  It is a face brightening primer and helps take the dullness out of your skin pallor.  Love it!  It retails for $29 a bottle so I get it in sample sizes or in a set.  

(photo credit lookfantastic.com)


Another product of theirs I adore is High Beam.  It is a luminescent complexion enhancer - a highlighter for under the eyes.  It brightens.  It retails for $26 a bottle and I can usually find it in a kit with my other faves for a reasonable price.  The last kit I got, Beauty Score, was $36 for 10 Benefit products.  

(photo credit: www.hijabbeauty.com )


Of course since I am a lipgloss girl, they also have several lip products that I adore.  Posietint is a lip and cheek stain.  Benetint is there oldy but goody product.  It is a big seller as well.  Both are very nice for lips and cheek color.  They each retail for $30 so it is nice to find them in the sample sizes. 

(photo credit: fairyhalls.weloveshopping.com)


Benefit also has a mascara that people rave about:  They're Real.  I am not too picky about my mascara.  There are a few I would never buy again but for the most part, I like whatever I am using at the time.

(photo credit: benefitcosmetics.com)


So that was the reviews on things I have tried, let's talk about the products I want to try:


Benefit just came out with lip tint balms called Hydrating Tinted  Lip Balms based on their tints.   These promise to hydrate the lips as well as tinting them and can be worn alone or over the tints.  They have them in the four tints:  Posie, Bene, Cha Cha and Lolli!  These sell for $18 a piece.


(photo credit:  thebeautyblog.ca)


I am also dying to try their Fine-One-One, which is a cheek and lip stain.  It looks amazing too!  Clever marketing works on me evidently!  It retails for $30.


(photo credit www.suelenmakeup.com)


Benefit also makes Boing, an industrial strength concealer.   And again, I am a sucker for packaging on this one - super cute!  Boing retails for $20.


(photo credit: makeupandbeautyblog.com)


And finally, I would love to try Dr. Feelgood, a velvety complexion balm.  And of course, super cute packaging.  It retails fro $31. 


(photo credit: www.fr2day.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment