Sunday, May 11, 2014

BIRCHBOX? WORTH THE MONEY?



BIRCHBOX? WORTH THE MONEY?



SO a few months ago, I signed up for Birchbox.  My first box was pretty much a complete waste. (see top photo)  The photo does not show that I got a liquid eyeliner in the box which I do not like.  The Ayres soap stunk up the box so I threw it away.  I do not drink tea so I gifted it to my sister's friend who is in Africa.  And I can not tolerate most perfumes because I am asthmatic; that went to a girlfriend.  So basically that left me with the small bottle of hair stuff. WOW. 




Month two was a little better.  My daughter stole the Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle.  The packets were barely enough to sample the Dr Hauschka Regenerating Eye and Neck Cream.  About the only nice item I liked was the Stila lip glaze for $8.

I say all of this to say I did close Birchbox only to start it back up again last week.  I knew nothing of the point system at the time of my subscription.  You earn points for subscribing and reviewing items.  These points turn into cash to buy items on the site. WIN WIN! 
So I will be trying to earn as many points as I can to save some money on my favorite makeup items.

Really hoping I get a Jouer lip gloss in this month's box....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment